First Christmas Snow

First Christmas Snow

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First DIY Project!

So, I feel like this is the beginning of DIY for me. I did it all on my own. It might not be perfect, but it's just what I wanted.



The materials I started out with:
  • I got the cork board at Salvation Army for a dollar. 
  • The fabric was actually used as the wrapping for one of our wedding presents, which I was happy to keep. (Lovely light green with white polka dots, doesn't show well in the pictures.)
  • I used a regular stapler (I couldn't find the staples for our staple gun, but it turned out fine.
  • I used the Mod Podge to just get the fabric to get closer to the board and stay in place a little better.



So, I got to this point, and realized I didn't have a way to hang it.


I went in search of ribbon to hang it, but then I found this in my wrapping paper, etc box. (I had already ripped the handles off when I decided to take a picture.)


I decided to use the handles like this. I'm sure there's a better way to fasten it, but I don't have many supplies, so I used staples, which it was slipping through, and then covered them in duct tape.

Back:
 Front:

The big test, will it hold? (I had this location planned for a while.)


Yay! It works! Now to decorate/ use it!





No comments:

Post a Comment